Huawei Philippines launched the Huawei Y7p smartphone in the country with an official price of ₱9,990.00.
It has a 6.3-inch HD+ display with a punch-hole for the selfie camera, 48MP triple rear camera setup, Kirin 710F chipset, 4GB RAM, 4G LTE connectivity, and 4000mAh battery. However, it comes with HMS instead of GMS out of the box.
HMS on the Huawei Y7p
The Huawei Y7p uses HMS or Huawei Mobile Services out of the box as a replacement for GMS or Google Mobile Services.
Top apps like SHAREit, Viber, Lazada, iWant, Microsoft Office Mobile, and more can be installed using the AppGallery pre-installed on the device as part of the HMS. Meanwhile, social media apps like Facebook can be downloaded directly from the company’s official website or third-party app galleries such as APKPure.
Google apps and Google Playstore can still be installed on the device through a relatively simple process. However, this will be a test for Huawei if HMS is enough for their more affordable offerings.
UP NEXT: Huawei Y7p Full Review!
- 6.39-inch HD+ IPS LCD Display (720 x 1560 Pixels), 269 ppi
- Android 9.0 Pie Operating System
- HiSilicon Kirin 710F Chipset
- 4 GB of RAM
- Triple Cameras (48+8+2 MP) with LED Flash
- 8 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 512 via microSD
- 4G LTE (with VoLTE), 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 5.0
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 4000mAh Battery
- 10W Charging
- ₱ 9,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines
- ₱8,999.00 - Price drop on July 19, 2020