Huawei becomes the first company to officially release a 5G smartphone in the Philippines with the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G!
It’s now available on Lazada Philippines while Huawei concept stores and kiosks will start selling the device on February 8, 2020. There are different freebies in each store which we’ll talk about at the end of the article.
What makes the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G different?
As its name suggests, the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G can connect to Globe and Smart’s 5G networks. This is currently limited to a few areas in Clark and Makati but the wider roll-out of the technology should start this year.
The device is powered by the Kirin 990 5G chipset which is slightly faster than the Kirin 990 chipset of the regular Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphones.Aside from that, it shares virtually the same features such as the quad cameras, curved screen, and battery.
Its quad cameras are composed of a 40MP main camera, 40MP ultra-wide camera, 8MP telephoto 5x zoom camera and a 3D TOF camera. Meanwhile, it also has a 32MP selfie camera paired with a 3D TOF camera.
How about Google Apps?
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G still won’t come with Google Apps pre-installed. Most of the top apps in the Philippines can now be downloaded using the Huawei AppGallery which comes with the device out of the box.
A helpful guide is also published on the company’s website to guide users in installing apps using Phone Clone and other app stores.
Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G Price and Freebies
The official price of the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G in the Philippines is ₱55,990.00. It’s only available in one color – Orange.
In Huawei concept stores and kiosks, each purchase will come with FREE 50GB of Huawei Cloud Storage for the first 3 months and 1,200 Huawei points. Meanwhile, Lazada offers a FREE Bluetooth Speaker and ₱500 voucher as freebies.
- 6.53-inch FHD+ OLED Display (1176 x 2400 Pixels), 409 ppi
- Android 10 Operating System
- HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G Chipset
- 8 GB of RAM
- Quad Cameras (40+40+8 MP) with Dual-tone LED Flash
- 32 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 256GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via NM Card
- 5G, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 4500mAh Battery
- 40W Huawei SuperCharge, 27W Fast Wireless Charging, Reverse Charging, & Reverse Wireless Charging
- ₱ 55,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines
- ₱48,990.00 - Price drop on April 30, 2020