Imagine how helpful this would be for those who only remember to re-charge their smartphones just 5 minutes before going to school or office on a busy day.
VOOC Flash Charge
OPPO calls this charging technology as VOOC Flash Charge. It’s usually reserved for the company’s flagship smartphones such as the OPPO Find X but it will be available on the mid-range OPPO F9 too.
VOOC Flash Charge uses a charging power of 5 Volts and 4 Amperes (5V/4A) or 20 Watts. That’s four times faster than the usual 5V/1A charging power used by most budget smartphones. Other mid-range smartphones such as the OPPO F7, Huawei Nova 3i, and Vivo V9 all have 5V/2A charging power.
However, I find it baffling that the OPPO F9 still uses a micro-USB 2.0 charging port instead of the newer and more convenient USB Type-C.
Fast Charging without Overheating
One problem that frequently occurs with fast charging technologies is overheating. OPPO promises that the OPPO F9 won’t have this issue.
VOOC Flash Charge has several protective layers ensuring its safety. These are voltage testers, fuses, and VOOC identification feature built within both the charger and the phone itself.
- 6.3-inch FHD+ LTPS Display (1080 x 2340 Pixels), 409 ppi
- Android 8.1 Oreo Operating System
- Mediatek Helio P60 Chipset
- 6 GB of RAM
- 16 + 2 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 25 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3500mAh Battery
- VOOC Flash Charge (5V/4A)
- ₱17,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines
- ₱15,990.00 - Price drop on January 25, 2019