Samsung Philippines officially made the Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone available in the country today.
It features dual rear cameras, a 6-inch Super AMOLED display with 18.5:9 aspect ratio and two biometric unlocking methods – Face Recognition technology and a fingerprint sensor.
Dual Cameras for Low Light
The dual rear cameras of the Samsung Galaxy J8 is composed of a 16 Megapixel main camera and a 5 Megapixel secondary camera. This system allows the device to produce bokeh effects.
It also promises ‘great night photos’ since the main camera has a wide f/1.7 aperture lens. It allows more light to enter the system resulting in brighter low light photos.
There’s also a 16 Megapixel front camera for selfies that comes with its own LED flash.
Performance and Connectivity
The Samsung Galaxy J8 runs on a Snapdragon 450 chipset with 3GB of RAM, Android Oreo operating system and 32GB of built-in storage.
It can connect to 4G LTE networks and the usual Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS wireless connectivity. USB OTG is supported too.
A 3500mAh battery powers the device.
Price and Availability
The official price of the Samsung Galaxy J8 smartphone in the Philippines is ₱15,990.00. It comes in three colors – black, purple and gold.
It’s now available in Samsung stores and authorized retailers nationwide.
- 6.0-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Display (720 x 1480 Pixels), 268 ppi
- Android 8.0 Oreo Operating System
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Chipset
- 3 GB of RAM
- 16 + 5 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 16 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3500mAh Battery
- ₱ 15,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines