Sony started the year 2018 by launching the Sony Xperia XA2 Utra that features dual selfie cameras with optical image stabilization (OIS).
This means less blurry selfies and smoother videos shot using the front camera since it can compensate for a shaky hand.
Dual Front Cameras, 23 MP Rear Camera
The dual front camera of the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra is composed of a 16 Megapixel main camera and an 8 Megapixel wide angle secondary camera. It also has a front LED flash for night time photography.
There’s also a 23 Megapixel camera at the back of the device. It boasts a great low light photography performance, 4K video recording capability and 120 frames per second of slow motion video.
6” Display, Slimmer Bezels
Huge bezels has always been my complaint with Sony’s smartphones. The company managed to reduce the bezels on the sides of the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra but the top and bottom are still huge.
It has a 6 inch display with full HD resolution and a Corning Gorilla Glass protective layer on top.
It’s enclosed in an Aluminum frame with chamfered edges and the fingerprint sensor is placed at the back, just below the camera.
The Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra runs on a Snapdragon 630 processor with 4GB of RAM and Android Oreo as its operating system out of the box.
There’s a 3580mAh battery powering the device with support for 12W fast charging and Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0. It also has dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC and a USB Type-C port.
Pricing details hasn’t been revealed yet.
- 6.0-inch FHD IPS LCD Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels), 367 ppi
- Android 8.0 Oreo Operating System
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Chipset
- 4 GB of RAM
- 23 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 16 + 8 Megapixel Front Camera with LED Flash
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 32GB/64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3580mAh Battery
- Quick Charge 3.0 (12W)
- 163 x 80 x 9.5 mm @ 221 g
- ₱22,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines