Aside from the Mi Note 2 with its curved display, Xiaomi also announced the Mi MIX smartphone during its recent event in Beijing.
Its top, left and right sides have almost no bezels or borders courtesy of some very clever engineering and design techniques. It’s also packed with top notch specs such as its processor, camera and software features.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX runs on Snapdragon 821 with 6GB of RAM and Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Of course, the company’s MIUI 8.0 provides extra features specific to the needs of a bezel-less smartphone such as sensing whether the user’s hand is just accidentally touching the edges of the display.
It can connect to 4G LTE networks and dual band Wi-Fi. There’s also NFC, a fingerprint sensor and USB Type-C.
A 4400mAh battery powers the device with support for Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0.
- 6.4 Inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 2040 Pixels, 362 ppi)
- Bezel-less Display with Rounded Corners
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Chipset
- Quad Core Kyro CPUs (2 x 2.35GHz + 2 x 1.6GHz)
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB of RAM
- 16.0 Megapixel Main Camera with PDAF and Dual-LED Flash
- 4K Video Recording with EIS via Gyroscope
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera with Autofocus
- 256GB Internal Storage
- Dual nano-SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE with A2DP
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- USB OTG
- USB Type-C (Reversible)
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Piezoelectric Earpiece
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Gyroscope (3-Axis)
- Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 158.8 x 81.9 x 7.9 mm @ 209 g
- 4400mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)
- Quick Charge 3.0