I recently spotted a smartphone in a Vivo concept store in Cebu City that hasn’t been officially announced in the Philippines yet – the Vivo Y12.
It features an AI-assisted triple rear camera array and a massive 5,000 mAh battery. We already have its specs and features because it has been announced in India but there’s no detail about its price yet.
Vivo Y12 Features
Other notable features of the Vivo Y12 include a 6.35-inch “Halo FullView” display housed in a glossy body. I don’t expect it to sport a glass back but the design is in line with current trends.
The triple rear cameras are composed of a 13 Megapixel main camera, 8 Megapixel ultra-wide camera, and 2 Megapixel depth camera. The ultra-wide camera has a 120° field of view.
A MediaTek Helio P22 chipset powers the device. It has a 2.0GHz octa-core CPU, 3GB of RAM, and Vivo’s Funtouch OS version 9. There’s also a fingerprint sensor at the back of the device and face unlock is supported by its 8 Megapixel selfie camera.
Perhaps the biggest issue with this phone is the lack of fast charging. Its battery is huge but the bundled charger only has a 5V/2A or 10W output.
Vivo Y12 Price Estimate
The Vivo Y12 with 3GB RAM and 64GB storage has an official price of INR 11,990 in India.
Taking into account the pricing of the recently launched Vivo S1, I’m guessing that the Vivo Y12 will have an official price of around ₱8,000 here in the Philippines.
- 6.35-inch HD+ IPS LCD Display (720 x 1544 Pixels), 268 ppi
- Android 9.0 Pie Operating System
- MediaTek MT6762 (Helio P22) Chipset
- 3 GB of RAM
- Triple Cameras (13+8+2 MP) with Dual LED Flash
- 8 Megapixel Front Camera with Screen Flash
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 5000mAh Battery
- 10W (5V/2A) Charging
- 159.43 x 76.77 x 8.92 mm @ 190.5 g
- ₱7,999.00 Official Price in the Philippines
- ₱6,999.00 - Price drop on June 5, 2020