Face Unlock for Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Enabled in Latest Software Update
Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro users can now download the latest software update for their smartphones that enables Face Unlock technology.
Both smartphones already has a fingerprint sensor for biometric security. Face Unlock is just more convenient and it can be set to unlock directly upon recognizing the user’s face or require a swipe up depending on the user’s preference.
How to Update the Huawei Mate 10
In case you haven’t received the notification for the new software update, open the phone’s Settings, scroll down to System then tap on System update.
It will automatically check for the latest software update. Make sure you’re connected to the internet at this point. Download and install the update with version number ALP-L29 220.127.116.11(C636).
Enable Face Unlock by going back to Settings then open Security & privacy. You’ll find Face unlock below Fingerprint ID. Input your pin code or pattern then let the phone get your facial profile.
Huawei Mate 10 Price Drop
The Huawei Mate 10 has already received a ₱2,000.00 price drop thin month. It now retails for ₱27,990.00.
There’s also an ongoing promo called Huawei Month Promo that entitles customers to freebies and a chance to win up to 1M Pesos in prizes.
UP NEXT: Huawei Mate 10 Full Review!
Huawei Mate 10 specs:
- 5.9-inch QHD IPS LCD Display (1440 x 2560 Pixels), 499 ppi
- Android 8.0 Oreo Operating System
- HiSilicon Kirin 970 Chipset
- 4 GB of RAM
- 20.0 + 12.0 Megapixel Rear Camera with Dual LED Flash
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera with Screen Flash
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE (700MHz), 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 4000mAh Battery
- Fast Charging (Huawei SuperCharge)
- 150.5 x 77.8 x 8.2 mm @ 186 g
- ₱32,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines