Well, it seems like Vivo is following Apple’s lead in making phones with a screen notch or cutout to achieve a near bezel-less design.
What’s in the notch?
The notch or cutout is where the front camera resides as well as the phone’s earpiece and presumably, its proximity sensor.
It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with the company’s own Funtouch OS. Hence, there should be a custom solution built-in within the software to deal with the notch in displaying notifications around it.
Vivo V9 Features
The Vivo V9 will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 processor with 4GB of RAM. The jump in chip tier means Vivo is serious in improving the performance of its phones.
It also features a 24 Megapixel front camera with AR and Artificial Intelligence capabilities – there’s AI Face Beauty and AR stickers! Meanwhile, the rear has a dual camera system.
A 3260mAh battery powers the device although there’s still no mention of VOOC fast charging and it sticks to using a microUSB 2.0 port.
Vivo is set to officially unveil the Vivo V9 on March 23, 2018. We’ll know by then the official price and release date of the device.
- 6.3-inch FHD+ IPS LCD Display (1080 x 2280 Pixels), 400 ppi
- Android 8.1 Oreo Operating System
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 Chipset
- 4 GB
- 16 + 5 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 24.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3250mAh Battery
- ₱17,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines
- ₱14,999.00 - Price drop on August 1, 2018