MyPhone’s first smartphone with an 18:9 display is now available – the MyPhone myX1.
Aside from the taller than usual screen, it also features a quad core processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 7.0 Nougat operating system and USB OTG function. The last bit means it’s compatible with the company’s DTV dongle.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The MyPhone myX1 is the most affordable smartphone with an 18:9 display in the Philippines at the start of March 2018.
However, its screen only measures 4.95 inches. That’s a bit smaller than the nearest competition – the Cloudfone Thrill Boost 3 with a 5.5 inch screen.
Furthermore, it uses a Spreadtrum processor instead of the proven MediaTek 6580. Even the battery capacity is a bit lower although the smaller screen means it’s not power hungry.
- 4.95-inch FWVGA+ IPS LCD Display (480 x 960 Pixels), 217 ppi
- Android 7.0 Nougat Operating System
- Spreadtrum SC7731 Chipset
- 1 GB of RAM
- 5.0 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM (Micro-SIM)
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 32 via microSD
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 2150mAh Battery
- ₱2,799.00 Official Price in the Philippines