How Rugged is the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4?
IP68 certification means that a smartphone is dustproof and can survive being submerged in freshwater for an hour. This is the most common form of ruggedness in smartphones of the last couple years.
Meanwhile, MIL-STD-810G is the certification used by the US Military for things that should withstand more serious forces of nature. This includes extreme temperatures, exposure to salty water and vibrations.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 has a reinforced frame with rubberized coating, a 5-inch HD display, quad core Exynos 7570 processor, 2GB of RAM and 4G LTE connectivity. It also has a 13MP main camera and 5MP selfie shooter.
A 2800mAh battery powers the device.
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover is priced at $275 which is a little under ₱14,000.00. International availability starts on April 2017.
- 5.0-inch HD IPS LCD Display (720 x 1280 Pixels), 294 ppi
- Android 7.0 Nougat Operating System
- Exynos 7570 Chipset
- 2 GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 2800mAh Battery
- $275 / No official PH price yet.