It has the same large 5.5 inch display and 1.6GHz octa core processor of the 2016 version but with a higher screen resolution at full HD and a fingerprint sensor built within its home button.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime’s screen employs 2.5D arc technology which means its edges are slightly curved for a more premium look at easier swiping from the sides.
Aside from its 1.6GHz octa core processor, it also runs on 3GB of RAM and Android 6.0 Marshmallow. These ensures that the phone operates smoothly.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime has a 13 Megapixel camera at the back and an 8 Megapixel front camera for selfies. Both have f/1.9 aperture which allows more light to enter the camera modules. These result in better photos especially in low light situations.
Lastly, it packs a 3,300mAh battery, supports 4G LTE, USB OTG and up to 256GB microSD cards. Its official price in Vietnam is a little over ₱13,000.00 based on current forex rates. We’ll post an update once this makes it here in the Philippines.
- 5.5 Inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 401 ppi)
- 2.5D Arc Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with TouchWiz UI
- 1.6GHz Octa Core Processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Main Camera with Autofocus, f/1.9 Aperture and LED Flash
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera with f/1.9 Aperture
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- GPA with A-GPS
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Metal Frame
- 151.5 x 74.9 x 8.1mm
- 3300mAh Battery
- Black and Gold Color Options