Chinese smartphone company Vivo launched the world’s first smartphone with a whooping 6GB of RAM called Vivo XPlay 5 Elite.
Aside from the ample amount of RAM, it also runs on Qualcomm’s flagship processor for 2016 – the Snapdragon 820. It also has a dual curved edge Super AMOLED display which is most probably sourced from Samsung.
The Vivo XPlay 5 Elite comes with a 16 Megapixel camera at the back and 8 Megapixel selfie camera on the front. There’s 128GB of built-in storage but no microSD card slot.
It’s a dual SIM smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity, dual band Wi-Fi, finger print sensor and a non-removable 3,600mAH battery that supports fast charging.
The official price is around ₱31,000 but availability is limited to its home country, China.
- 5.43-Inch QHD Super AMOLED Display (1440 x 2560 Pixels, 541 ppi)
- Dual Curved Edge Glass
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with FunTouch OS 2.6
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Chipset
- 2.15GHz Dual Core and 1.6GHz Dual Core Kyro CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB of RAM
- 16.0 Megapixel Main Camera with Phase Detection AF & Dual LED Flash
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 128GB Internal Storage
- No MicroSD Card Slot
- Dual SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.2
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Finger Print Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 153.5 x 76.2 x 7.6 mm @ 167.8 g
- 3,600mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)