Now that several local brands already have cheap 4G LTE smartphones, it’s worth noting that Samsung also have one – the Samsung Galaxy J2.
Its official price is ₱6,990.00 which is still affordable for Filipinos and boasts a bright 4.7 inch Super AMOLED display and support for up to 128GB microSD cards.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 runs on a 1.3GHz quad core Exynos 3475 processor with 1GB of RAM and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop as the operating system. Of course, the TouchWiz user interface is present.
Its main camera at the back is merely 5 Megapixels but has autofocus and an LED flash while the front camera is 2 Megapixels.
|The Samsung Galaxy J2 has rounded corners and edges for a better grip.|
There’s 8GB of built-in storage space, the aforementioned microSD card slot and two microSIM card slots. It also supports USB OTG while a 2000mAh Li-ion battery is what’s powering the device.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 is available in Samsung stores, authorized dealers, post-paid plans of Smart and Globe, as well as online on Lazada Philippines.
- 4.7-Inch Super AMOLED Display (540 x 960 Pixels, 234 ppi)
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
- Samsung Exynos 3475 Chipset
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7 CPU
- Mali-T720 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 5.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.1
- FM Radio with RDS
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 136.5 x 69 x 8.4 mm @ 129 g
- 2,000mAh Li-ion Battery
- ₱6,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines