Samsung Galaxy Note5 Now Official with 4GB RAM & 5.7-Inch Display but No MicroSD – Full Specs, Features and Official Price in the Philippines
Samsung has finally launched the Samsung Galaxy Note5 during its Unpacked 2015 event in New York. As usual, it packs the fastest processor available and the signature S Pen stylus.
It maintains the 5.7-inch quad HD Super AMOLED display but ramps up the RAM to 4GB and processor to the octa core Exynos 7420 running at a maximum of 2.1GHz!
The Samsung Galaxy Note5 follows the design of the Galaxy S6 with scratch resistant glass panels and metallic frame with a lot of curves – gone are the days of plastic, yay!
At the back is a 16MP camera with optical image stabilization and f/1.9 aperture while the front camera is a 5MP unit with an f/1.9 aperture too. These should produce high quality pictures even in low light.
Of course, the S Pen received a few upgrades. Users can now write faster and even while the screen is off and the phone will automatically activate.
|Samsung Galaxy Note5 with the new S Pen.|
In terms of connectivity, the Samsung Galaxy Note5 has almost everything – dual band Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, USB OTG and 4G LTE connectivity.
It has an improved finger print sensor which is Paypal certified and will function as the security measure for Samsung Pay. This is the company’s answer to Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Out of the box, the device runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with a lightweight TouchWiz on top.
|Samsung Pay in action.|
Perhaps the main disadvantage of the Samsung Galaxy Note5 is its lack of microSD card slot. There’s only 32GB and 64GB options to choose from.
Its battery is non-removable too and with a slightly lesser capacity than the Note 4 at 3000mAh. Nevertheless, fast charging is supported in both wired and wireless methods.
Pricing starts at ₱36,990 in the Philippines. Pre-order starts on August 17 while units will arrive on September 5, 2015.
Samsung Galaxy Note5 Specifications
- 5.7-Inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Display (1440 x 2560 Pixels, 518 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz
- Samsung Exynos 7420 Chipset
- 2.1GHz Quad Core Cortex-A57 and 1.5GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Mali-T760 MP8 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 16.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with f/1.9 Aperture and LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera with f/1.9 Aperture
- 32GB/64GB Internal Storage
- No MicroSD Card Slot
- Single/Dual SIM
- 4G LTE Cat6/Cat9, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Samsung Pay
- S Pen Stylus
- Finger Print Sensor
- SpO2 Sensor
- Heart Rate Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6 mm @ 171 g
- 3000mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)
- ₱36,990.00 (32GB) Official Price in the Philippines