Samsung Philippines has finally made the selfie-centric Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 available here in the Philippines carrying a ₱9,990.00 price tag.
It boasts a 5MP front camera with its own dedicated LED flash accompanied by decent specs. What’s interesting though is its unusual amount of RAM at one and a half gigabytes.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 has all the usual Samsung goodies such as a Super AMOLED display measuring 5-inches with HD resolution and TouchWiz skin on top of Android Lollipop.
It runs on a quad core processor running at 1.2GHz and has 3G connectivity. There’s 8GB of built-in storage which is expandable up to 128GB.
|The Samsung Galaxy J5 is also available in black.|
A 13MP camera at the back with f/1.9 aperture ensures high quality pictures at low light. USB OTG and GLONASS assisted GPS positioning are supported too.
It has a 2,600mAh Lithium-ion battery, FM Radio receiver with RDS, two SIM cards and a 7.9mm thick polycarbonate body.
Update: Samsung has confirmed that the Galaxy J5 doesn’t have 4G LTE connectivity and only has 8GB of built-in storage. Thank you anonymous reader!
Samsung Galaxy J5 Specifications
- 5.0-Inch HD Super AMOLED Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 294 ppi)
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with TouchWiz
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Processor
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with f/1.9 Aperture and LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera with LED Flash
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro)
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- FM Radio with RDS
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 142.1 x 71.8 x 7.9 mm @ 146 g
- 2,600mAh Li-ion Battery
- ₱9,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines
Show Comments 💬