Samsung pairs a 5.7-inch full HD Super AMOLED display and an octa core processor on the Samsung Galaxy A8 and gives it a ₱24,990 price tag.
Since this is under the company’s A-series smartphone, there’s an all-metal frame, thin profile and an overall classy build quality which makes it look and feel like a flagship model.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 is equipped with 2GB of RAM and an Adreno 405 graphics processor for a smooth performance. Its Android Lollipop OS also helps a lot.
Photography is handled by a 16MP main camera and 5MP front snapper. Both cameras use Samsung’s own image sensors ensuring good photographs.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 that the company officially released here in the Philippines has two SIM cards and supports 4G LTE networks.
It comes with 32GB of on-board storage, support for up to 128GB microSD cards, a finger print sensor and 3050mAh Lithium-ion battery which is not removable.
- 5.7-Inch Full HD Super AMOLED Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 386 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Glass
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with TouchWiz UI
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 Chipset
- 1.8GHz and 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- FM Radio with RDS
- Finger Print Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 158 x 76.8 x 5.9 mm @ 151 g
- 3,050mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)
- ₱24,999.00 Official Price in the Philippines