Caterpillar introduces a new rugged smartphone named the CAT S40 that boasts being drop proof. It can survive being dropped from up to a height of 1.8 meters!
This is clearly aimed at people who are working in tough conditions as well as the adventurous ones. It’s also a bit cheaper than the high end CAT S50 unveiled last year.
The CAT S40 is scratch resistant, waterproof up to one hour in one-meter deep waters and completely impervious to dust. It’s also backed by the US Military’s MIL-SPEC 810g rating which refers to its ability to survive being dropped.
In terms of being a smartphone, the CAT S40 has a 4.7-inch qHD screen, quad core Snapdragon processor, 1GB of RAM and Android 5.1 Lollipop as the OS.
An 8MP camera adorns the back and takes care of general photography while a 2MP snapper on the front captures selfies.
|The CAT S40 has protection all over it.|
The CAT S40 can connect to 4G LTE networks and support USB OTG. It also has compass and GPS which may come handy.
There’s 16GB of device storage and up to 64GB via microSD. It has a 3,000mAh non-removable battery that can make it last more than a month on standby.
Its official price is $485 or around ₱22,000. However, it may not become available here in the Philippines.
- 4.7-Inch qHD IPS Display (540 x 960 Pixels, 234 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS
- Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210 Chipset
- 1.1GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7 CPUs
- Adreno 304 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Nano SIM
- Expandable up to 64GB via MicroSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS with A-GPS
- USB On the Go (OTG)
- MicroUSb 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- MIL-SPEC 810g Shock Proof
- IP68 Water Resistant and Dustproof
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 144.9 x 74.1 x 12.5 mm @ 185 g
- 3,000mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-removable)
Show Comments 💬