After months of waiting, Asus Zenfone 5 users can finally enjoy all the sweetness of Android 5.0 Lollipop! If you own the one with A500KL model number, download the update manually here.
Some apps will be removed once the update is complete such as Facebook and Flipboard so you might want to make a back up to be sure.
Here are the steps to manually update your Zenfone 5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop:
1. Download the firmware update version TW_220.127.116.11.
2. Extract the downloaded zip file. The result is another zip file.
3. Copy the zip file into the root directory of your Zenfone 5’s internal storage. That’s outside any folder.
4. Disconnect your phone from your computer and you should receive a new notification saying that a software update file was detected.
5. Tap the notification and proceed with the update.
Show Comments 💬