The first smartphone under Samsung’s new entry level and ‘affordable’ line-up is now available in the Philippines – the Samsung Galaxy J1.
It has a 4.3-inch display, 5MP main camera and a 2MP front snapper. Under the hood, a 1.2GHz dual core processor from Spreadtrum Communications runs the show with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat as the out of the box OS.
If you put a lot of value over the phone’s brand (and after sales service), the Samsung Galaxy J1 will surely be a sweet offer. However, take note that it only has 512MB of RAM which will affect multi-tasking or opening a lot of apps as well as hard core gaming.
It does have dual SIM support with 3G connectivity and the usual connectivity features such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
There’s 4GB of on-board storage space, a microSD card slot for up to 128GB memory cards and 1,850mAh battery.
- 4.3-Inch Capacitive Display (480 x 800 Pixels, 217 ppi)
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS
- Spreadtrum Chipset
- 1.2GHz Dual Core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- Mali-400 GPU
- 512MB of RAM
- 5.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 4GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro + Micro)
- 3G HSPA, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM Radio with RDS
- Micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 129 x 68.2 x 8.9 mm @ 122 g
- 1,850mAh Li-ion Battery
- ₱5,490.00 Official Price in the Philippines
Show Comments 💬