Blackberry Leap Announced with 2GB RAM and 4G LTE Connectivity
Blackberry introduced the Blackberry Leap during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. However, reactions are generally towards the negative side for the Leap.
It’s a 5-inch smartphone running on an outdated Snapdragon S4 Plus processor and Blackberry OS version 10.3.1. It does have 2GB of RAM and 4G LTE connectivity.
The Blackberry Leap doesn’t have the physical keyboard of the Classic or Passport but uses the touchscreen input of the Z10.
It will be available in the US by April. Local availability here in the Philippines is yet to be confirmed.
- 5.0-Inch HD Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 294 ppi)
- Blackberry 10.3.1 OS
- Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Plus Chipset
- 1.5GHz Dual Core Krait CPU
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixels Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- Micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 144 x 72.8 x 9.5 mm @ 170 g
- 2,800mAh Li-ion Battery
- $275 Official Price (~₱12,200)