The Xiaomi Redmi 2 still has a 4.7-inch HD display but with a 64-bit processor, dual 4G LTE connectivity and comes with MIUI 6 out of the box.
Aside from the processor, OS and LTE connectivity, the Xiaomi Redmi 2 is virtually similar to the Redmi 1S. It still has 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage with a microSD card slot and supports USB OTG.
Its rear camera stays at 8MP with slight software enhancements while the front camera has been bumped up a bit to 2MP.
|The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is available in these very attractive colors as well as black and white.|
There’s a slightly larger 2,200mAh battery underneath a slightly slimmer body with 5 color options.
Xiaomi set the price for the Redmi 2 at 699 Chinese Yen which is just a little over ₱5,000. Expect the official price in the Philippines to be around this value.
- 4.7-Inch HD IPS Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 312 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 4.4 Kitkat OS with MIUI 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 Chipset
- 1.2GHz Quad Core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM (Dual 4G)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Wireless Display
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 2,200mAh Li-Po Battery
- ¥699 Official Price (₱5,000 Equivalent Price)