Xiaomi Redmi 2S still has a 4.7-inch HD display but with a Snapdragon 410 chipset, 4G LTE connectivity and runs on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat based MIUI out of the box.
It’s not yet clear if this is just the single SIM LTE version of the Redmi 2S and a dual SIM limited to 3G networks will be available too.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2S scored 19,898 points on Antutu which is more or less the same as that of the Redmi 1S. Its processor speed has been reduced to 1.2GHz but with a 64-bit architecture and a better GPU – the Adreno 306.
Its RAM also remains at 1GB and internal storage at 8GB. Even the design and red capacitive buttons are retained. It has a slightly better battery rated at 2,200mAh in a slightly thinner and lighter body.
The front camera of the Xiaomi Redmi 1S has been updated to 2MP from the 1.6MP of the Redmi 1S. Its rear camera stays at 8MP sandwiched between the LED flash and speaker grille.
- 4.7-Inch IPS HD Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 312 ppi)
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS with MIUI
- Qualcomm MSM916 Snapdragon 410 Chipset
- 1.2GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 64GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 134 x 67.2 x 9.2mm @ 134 g
- 2,200mAh Li-ion Battery
Show Comments 💬