The Meizu MX4 boasts the highest Antutu benchmark score right now at 52,800 points with a price that starts at ₱14,999 only! That should make everyone interested.
This is because the Meizu MX4 is the first smartphone to use the 2.2GHz octa core MT6595 chipset from MediaTek. It also has exactly the same 20.7MP camera as the Sony Xperia Z1 and its own take on Android 4.4 Kitkat called Flyme OS.
The Meizu MX4 uses an aircraft grade Aluminum frame making it light but sturdy while its front panel and rear camera are covered with a layer of scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Its 5.36-inch full HD display uses a unique aspect ratio of 15:9 and a resolution of 1152 x 1920 pixels adding up to 418 pixels per inch. This is said to be produced in partnership with Sharp and JDI.
The Meizu MX4 also has these very narrow bezels at 2.6mm on the sides and a sole circular capacitive home button below the display.
|The thin bezels of the Meizu MX4 make it look like something from LG.|
The MediaTek MT6595 chip actually uses a big.LITTLE architecture and is composed of four 2.2GHz Cortex-A17 cores and another set of four 1.7GHz Cortex-A7 cores. This works as a true octa core processor though where all eight cores are working and not just four at a time.
The Meizu MX4 also uses a PowerVR G6200 MP4 graphics processor and 2GB of RAM to handle multitasking.
Upon booting up, you’ll immediately notice the custom Flyme OS 4.0 that runs on top of Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.
|A white Meizu X4’s back and angled view.|
The camera is probably the second most interesting feature of the Meizu MX4 after is processor. The smartphone uses the Sony IMX220 image sensor with 20.7MP resolution, f/2.2 aperture and a focusing speed of 0.3 seconds!
This means that the Meizu MX4 can take very high quality pictures at blazing speed. It can also record 4k videos and has a two-tone dual LED flash which improves skin tone in photographs.
Selfies are sort of limited with its 2MP front camera though.
|Close-up shot using the 20.7MP Sony camera of the Meizu MX4.|
|This picture of the Eiffel tower at night demonstrates the low light capability of the Meizu MX4.|
The Meizu MX4 comes with 4G LTE connectivity which also means it’s just a single SIM smartphone. There’s also 3G, dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS with GLONASS while the 32GB version is said to come with NFC. Sadly, it doesn’t have FM Radio.
Its back cover is removable but the 3,100mAh battery isn’t. There’s no slot for a microSD card too. You’ll just have to be contented with the 16GB onboard storage. The 32GB version will cost an additional ₱2,000.
|Are you interested with the Meizu MX4?|
Novo7Tech, the same company that brought the THL smartphones here in the Philippines will launch the Meizu MX4 on October 30, 2014.
- 5.36-Inch Full HD IPS OGS Display (1152 x 1920 Pixels, 418 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS with Flyme OS 4.0
- 2.2GHz Quad Core Cortex-A17 plus 1.7GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7 CPU
- Octa Core MediaTek MT6595 Chipset
- PowerVR G6200 MP4 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16, 32 or 64GB Internal Storage
- No MicroSD Card Slot
- 20.7 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with f/2.2 Sony IMX220 BSI Sensor and Two-tone Dual LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera with Sony IMX208 Sensor
- Single SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- NFC Support (32 and 64GB versions)
- USB OTG and MHL Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Infrared Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 144 x 75.2 x 8.9 mm @ 147 g
- 3,100mAh Non-removable Battery
- ₱14,999.00 Official Price – 16GB Version
- ₱16,999.00 Official Price – 32GB Version
Show Comments 💬