O+ has finally jumped into the octa core club with the O+ Air. Can it compete with octa core choices already out from other local brands?
Just like previous O+ flagships, the O+ Air is endowed with features that amaze us. Aside from the octa core chip and Kikat OS, it also boasts an innovative Dual Crystal LUMI Display and new gesture controls.
Take a look at the New O+ Air:
|Meet the O+ Air!|
Just like most octa core smartphones, O+ Air uses the 1.7GHz MT6592 chip from MediaTek. That means it also has the quad core Mali-450 MP4 graphics processor. This combination ensures very smooth transitions, 3D games and apps for the O+ Air.
However, the O+ Air only has 1GB of RAM. A 2GB RAM would have made it an instant hit! Nevertheless, the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS is guaranteed to operate smoothly even with a very small amount of RAM.
|Do you like these features of the O+ Air? (PTG)|
One thing that sets the O+ Air apart from other octa core smartphones is its Dual Crystal Luminescent Film or LUMI Display. This innovative technology from O+ USA is said to save a lot of energy which results into a longer battery life while displaying sharp and bright graphics.
O+ Air looks just like your usual 5-inch smartphone up front but hold it and you’ll immediately feel its metal back cover and slimness. This makes the O+ Air durable and elegant. In case you’re wondering, O+ Air is only 6.8mm thin!
You’ll also notice the 13MP camera of O+ Air at its back with a single LED flash. Going down you’ll meet the O+ logo and further towards the bottom is the statement, “Designed for O+ in the USA”.
|O+ Air: Real Life Colors in a Flash! (PTG)|
O+ also proudly introduced what they call as ‘O+ Innovations’. It is a set of features that takes advantage of the sensors on O+ phones to introduce novel controls.
O+ Innovations include the following:
- Flip to Silent – Turn over phone while ringing to switch phone to silent mode.
- Shake to Answer – Shake phone to answer and hang up calls
- Call and Type – Take down notes during calls
- Import SMS Export – Easy transfer of SMS between Android phones
- USB On The Go – Plug and play USB, mouse and keyboard via OTG cable
- Voice Camera – Say “Cheese” to capture image
- Shake to Switch – Shake phone to switch music
- Disk Jockey – Scratch music like a DJ
All of these features are available to O+ Air. Other O+ phones can also have these features via an Over the Air software update. However, not all models can support all these features.
|O+ Innovations (PTG)|
Aside from O+ Innovations, O+ Air also has Air Shuffle where you can control the Music, Camera, Gallery and FM Radio app by waving your hand in front of the smartphone.
Additionally, O+ Air has anti-theft protection and encrypted messages.
O+ Air is just a bit pricey at a suggested retail price of ₱15,995.00. Hopefully, O+ Air has 2GB of RAM, a long lasting battery and more unique features. It does have a free Sennheiser earphones ensuring high quality audio and 8GB microSD card from SanDisk.
O+ Air Specs
- 1.7GHz Octa Core MediaTek MT6592 Processor
- Android 4.4 Kitkat OS
- 5.0 Inches HD Dual Crystal LUMI Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 294 PPI)
- 10 Point Multi-touch Screen
- Scratch Resistant
- Mali-450 MP4 GPU
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Front Camera
- 1GB of RAM (confirmed!)
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- Dual SIM/Dual Standby
- 3G (HSPA+), EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- 3.5mmAudio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Air Shuffle (Gesture Controls)
- 2,000mAh Battery
- ₱15,995.00 SRP (₱13,995 Introductory price)
Show Comments 💬