Cherry Mobile Defender Now Official; Water Resistant Phone with Impressive Specs
Finally, Cherry Mobile has officially introduced its tough and powerful smartphone designed for adventurous individuals – the Cherry Mobile Defender.
It has a 4.7 inch HD display covered by Gorilla Glass 3 and surrounded by a metallic frame with fiber glass infused polycarbonate case. These gives it an Ingress Protection rating of IP67 which means it is water and shock resistant.
The Cherry Mobile Defender isn’t a slouch in terms of performance either. It runs on an octa core Helio P10 processor from MediaTek with a maximum speed of 2.0GHz together with 3GB of RAM and Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
For photography, it has an 18 Megapixel rear camera and an 8 Megapixel front snapper. Storage is at 32GB with a microSD card slot. It can also connect to 4G LTE networks if that’s available in the mountain you’re trekking.
Powering the device is a 4500mAh battery which is not removable. That’s a small price to pay for its water resistance.
Official Price and Availability
The official price of the Cherry Mobile Defender is ₱9,999.00. It’s now available in some Cherry Mobile outlets and soon, online at Lazada.
Cherry Mobile Defender – Smartphone Specifications
- 4.7 inch HD IPS Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 312 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10
- 2.0GHz Cortex-A53 + 1.0GHz Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 18.0 MP Main Camera with AF & LED Flash
- 8.0 MP Front Camera
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable via microSD
- Dual micro-SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- FM Radio
- USB On-the-Go
- MicroUSB 2.0
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 152.3 x 81 x 16.6 mm @ 247g
- IP68 Water and Shock Resistance
- 4500mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)
- ₱9,999.00 Official Price in PH
- View full specs →