Huawei has officially unveiled the Huawei Mate 30 Pro smartphone along with the regular Mate 30 in Munich, Germany.
It features a “Horizon Display”, Kirin 990 chipset, 40MP + 40MP + 8MP + 3D TOF quad rear camera system, and 4500mAh battery with 40W fast charging. Its official price is 1,099 Euros.
Horizon Display is Huawei’s version of OPPO’s Waterfall Display. It’s a 6.53-inch FHD+ OLED panel with edges that are curved at 88° resulting in 0 mm side bezels!
The parts of the display that are on the sides of the smartphone support swipe control for adjusting the volume and taking pictures. These functions can be customized too.
40MP Quad Cameras
The quad rear cameras of the Huawei Mate 30 Pro are housed in a circular module at the back that Huawei CBG CEO Richard Yu says is inspired by the design of professional cameras.
Having the same resolution of 40 Megapixels for the main camera and ultra-wide camera means more consistent picture quality when shooting in regular and ultra-wide mode. The latter also supports Night Mode now.
Zooming is capped at 30x digital zoom, unlike the Huawei P30 Pro’s 50x digital zoom. Nevertheless, the Mate 30 Pro supports 4K video recording at 60 fps and even 7,680 fps at 720p resolution!
Kirin 990 Chipset
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro is powered by the company’s own Kirin 990 chipset. It uses a 7nm+ EUV process that results in better power efficiency compared to other chipsets.
It also has improved performance for the CPU, graphics processor, and dedicated AI processor.
Perhaps what makes it more interesting is the use of a graphene film for cooling the device even in extended use. Heating often requires most processors to reduce performance.
4500mAh Battery & 40W Fast Charging
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro has a 4500mAh battery that supports up to 40W of charging speed.
It also supports up to 27W fast wireless charging, reverse charging and reverse wireless charging at an improved speed over the Huawei P30 Pro.
- 6.53-inch FHD+ OLED Display (1176 x 2400 Pixels), 409 ppi
- Android 10 Operating System
- HiSilicon Kirin 990 Chipset
- 8 GB of RAM
- Quad Cameras (40+40+8 MP) with Dual-tone LED Flash
- 32 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 256GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256GB via NM Card
- 4G LTE (with VoLTE), 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- 4500mAh Battery
- 40W Fast Charging, 27W Fast Wireless Charging, Reverse Charging, & Reverse Wireless Charging
- 158.1 x 73.1 x 8.8 mm @ 198 g
- ₱50,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines
- ₱29,999.00 - Price drop on September 9, 2020