The ranking is based on the number of shipments. The OPPO A5s accounts for 2.6 million smartphone units shipped according to the firm’s estimates.
Top 5 Smartphones in SEA in Q2 2019
In the same report, the firm revealed the top 5 smartphones in Southeast Asia as follows:
|1||OPPO A5s||2.6 M|
|2||Samsung Galaxy A10||2.2 M|
|3||Redmi Note 7||2.1 M|
|4||Vivo Y91c||1.4 M|
|5||OPPO A3s||1.2 M|
The Samsung Galaxy A10 and Redmi Note 7 from Xiaomi are closely competing for the second position while the OPPO A5s comfortably holds the number 1 spot. On the other hand, the Vivo Y91c is having trouble shaking the one-year-old OPPO A3s.
These results reflect the same pattern that I see with my monthly rankings of smartphones based on pageviews except for the Redmi Note 7.
What makes the OPPO A5s great?
The OPPO A5s features a 6.2-inch HD+ display with waterdrop notch, 2.3GHz octa-core CPU, 3GB RAM, 13+2 Megapixel dual rear cameras, 8 Megapixel selfie camera, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, 4G LTE connectivity, and a 4,230 mAh battery.
This set of features is offered in a sleek smartphone priced at PHP 6,990. That’s around USD 130, VND 3,000,000, THB 4,100, or SGD 185.
It’s a combination of good specs and features in a budget-friendly price.
- 6.2-inch HD+ IPS LCD Display (720 x 1520 Pixels), 271 ppi
- Android 8.1 Oreo Operating System
- MediaTek Helio P35 Chipset
- 3 GB of RAM
- Dual Cameras (13+2 MP) with LED Flash
- 8 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 256 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor (rear)
- 4230mAh Battery
- 5V/2A Charging
- 155.9 x 75.4 x 8.2 mm @ 170 g
- ₱6,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines
- ₱5,990.00 - Price drop on February 28, 2020