Sony launches Xperia XZ2 smartphone with refreshed design
Sony has finally changed some aspects of its smartphone design with the new Sony Xperia XZ2 and Xperia XZ2 Compact.
Gone are the boxy corners, replaced by subtle curves which the company claims to be more comfortable in the hand. In terms of features, it has the top of the line chips and as usual, Sony’s own mobile camera technology.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Features
The Sony Xperia XZ2 has a 5.7-inch display with 18:9 aspect ratio. Both the front and back of the phone is Gorilla Glass 5 with an Aluminum frame. The entire phone is water and dust resistant.
It’s powered by the Snapdragon 845 processor with 4GB of RAM and Android Oreo as the operating system. It also has 4G LTE connectivity, Hi-Fi audio and a 3180mAh battery.
For photography, it has a 19 Megapixel rear camera with electronic stabilization and the always fun 960 FPS slow motion. There’s a 5 Megapixel front camera to take care of selfies.
A smaller version of the device with a 5-inch display was also launched – the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact.
Price and Availability
The official price of the Sony Xperia XZ2 is £699 – that’s around ₱51,000! Meanwhile, the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact costs £549 or just a little under ₱40,000.00.
Sony Xperia XZ2 specs:
- 5.7-inch FHD+ IPS LCD Display (1080 x 2160 Pixels), 424 ppi
- Android 8.0 Oreo Operating System
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Chipset
- 4 GB of RAM
- 19.0 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 400 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3180mAh Battery
- Quick Charge 3.0 & Wireless Charging
- 153 x 72 x 11.1 mm @ 198 g