OPPO releases the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the OPPO F1s smartphone. We have here the download links and step-by-step installation guide.
Downloading the Update
Before downloading the update, make sure that you have at least 1.5GB of free storage space. You can also download the update from a laptop then transfer it to your phone.
Download the update which is a zip file named A1601EX_11_OTA_001_all_201703281552_wipe.zip from this link: OPPO F1s Software Update Download Link.
Make sure that the file is saved in the root of your SD card. That means it should not be inside any folder.
Step-by-step Installation Guide
Disclaimer: This is the guide published by OPPO. We hold no responsibility for any damage caused to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
- Back-up all your data since it might be wiped during the updating process. Search the Google Playstore for back-up apps.
- Make sure your OPPO F1s has at least 40% battery.
- Open the Files app and locate the zip file you’ve downloaded.
- Click on the zip file and select Update Now.
- Your OPPO F1s will automatically turn off and proceed with the updating process.
- When the process is complete, the phone will automatically turn on. The OPPO logo will be displayed for up to 5 minutes. This is normal.
- Congratulations, you now have your OPPO F1s running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow!
If you’ve run into any problem, OPPO service centers can fix it for you. They can upgrade your phone if you’re not comfortable doing the process outlined above.
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD Display (720 x 1280 Pixels), 267 ppi
- Android 5.1 Lollipop Operating System
- MediaTek MT6750 Chipset
- 3 GB
- 13.0 Megapixel Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 16.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- Dual SIM
- 32 Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128 via microSD
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3075mAh Battery
- ₱12,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines