Tango is Google’s augmented reality technology while Daydream is Android Nougat’s built-in virtual reality platform. It also packs a powerful Snapdragon 821 chipset, an insane amount of RAM at 8GB and a vapor cooling system.
The ASUS ZenFone AR has a 5.7-inch quad HD AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4 on the front and a 23 Megapixel camera with optical image stabilization at the back. There’s also an additional motion tracking camera and depth sensing camera within the rear camera module.
It comes in 32GB to 256GB storage options with a microSD card slot that accepts up to 2TB memory cards. There’s also a variant with 6GB of RAM instead of 8GB.
Powering the device is a 3300mAh built-in battery that supports fast charging. It also has dual band Wi-Fi, 4G LTE connectivity, NFC, fingerprint sensor and a gyroscope.
Pricing hasn’t been revealed yet.
ASUS ZenFone AR – Smartphone Specifications
- 5.7 Inch QHD Super AMOLED Display (1440 x 2560 Pixels, 515 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS with ZenUI 3.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Chipset
- 2.35GHz Quad Core Kyro CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 6 or 8 GB of RAM
- 23.0 MP Rear Camera with OIS, 3x Optical Zoom, Laser AF, PDAF & Dual LED Flash
- 8.0 MP Front Camera with Dual LED Flash
- 32, 64, 128 or 256 GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 2TB via microSD
- Dual nano-SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS with A-GPS & GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB On-the-Go
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Hi-Res Audio
- Google Tango Sensors
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 158.67 x 77.7 x 8.95 mm @ 170 g
- 3300mAh Battery (Non-removable)
- Fast Battery Charging