Kodak joins the smartphone market with the Ektra, a photography centric smartphone built by the same manufacturer as Caterpillar’s rugged phones.
It features a 21 Megapixel Sony camera with DSLR-like camera interface where scene types, exposure, ISO, white balance and shutter speed can be manipulated while taking a picture. Kodak also added a non-reflective coating to the lens.
Sadly, the Kodak Ektra will only be available in European Union countries. It has an official price of €499 which is a little over ₱26,000.00.
Some online stores might be able to offer this smartphone for Filipinos though.
- 5.0 Inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 441 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- MediaTek MT6797 (Helio X20) Chipset
- 2.3GHz Dual Core Cortex-A72, 2.0GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 and 1.4GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Mali T880 MP4 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 21.0 Megapixel Main Camera with PDAF and dual-LED Flash
- 4K Video Recording with OIS
- 13.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM (nano-SIM)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.1
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 147.8 × 73.35 × 9.69 ~ 14.02 mm @ 163.8 g
- 3000mAh Battery