Google Officially Launches Pixel and Pixel XL Smartphones
After countless rumors and leaks, Google has finally unveiled the Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones – its attempt to compete directly with Apple’s iPhone.
Both smartphones are equipped with the latest hardware specs, have a beautiful design and the first ones to come with the new and more powerful version of Google Now, the Google Assistant.
The Google Pixel is a 5-inch smartphone with a full HD AMOLED display powered by a 2770mAh battery. On the other hand, the Google Pixel XL is bigger at 5.5 inches with quad HD resolution and a 3450mAh battery.
Aside from the above differences, the two Pixel smartphones have the same features. Both are enclosed in a metal unibody case with Gorilla Glass 4 on the non-metal portions. Color options include black, silver or ‘really blue’.
The Pixels run on a 2.15GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, 4GB of RAM, Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box, either 32GB or 128GB of storage and 4G LTE connectivity.
Both are equipped with a 12.3 Megapixel main camera with an image sensor from Sony and an 8 Megapixel front camera. There’s a USB Type-C port for data transfer and charging; and a fingerprint sensor at below the rear camera.
Google doesn’t focus much on the Pixel’s technical specs. Instead, they are very proud with Google Assistant, unlimited Google Photos storage even for full resolution pictures and Daydream virtual reality function.
The Google Pixel has an official price of $649 (~₱31,000) while the Pixel XL is $769 (~₱37,000). Sadly, it’s not officially available here in the Philippine. Don’t worry, some online and physical stores will surely offer these smartphones here soon.
- 5.5 Inch Quad HD AMOLED Display (1440 x 2560 Pixels, 534 ppi) – Pixel XL
- 5.0 Inch Full HD AMOLED Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 441 ppi) – Pixel
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 7.1 Nougat OS
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 Chipset
- 2.15GHz – 1.6GHz Quad Core Kyro CPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 12.2 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with Dual LED Flash and EIS
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 128GB – 32GB Internal Storage
- No MicroSD Card Slot
- Single Nano-SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Dual Band
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.2
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- USB Type-C Port
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 3450mAh Battery – Pixel XL
- 2770mAh Battery – Pixel
- Fast Charging
- Metal Unibody
- Black, Silver and Blue Color Options