“A bigger, more attractive Neo has arrived” in the Philippines as Oppo releases the Neo 7 smartphone in the country with an ₱8,990 SRP.
It flaunts a 5-inch display, runs on a quad core processor from MediaTek and promises to take high quality pictures using its 8 Megapixel camera with a large image sensor.
Sadly, only the 3G version of the Oppo Neo 7 will be available here in the country. It’s still a dual SIM smartphone but without the ability to utilize high speed internet connectivity via 4G LTE networks.
It does have a 5 Megapixel front camera equipped with Beautify 3.0 which enhances selfies. While there’s no front LED flash, the phone’s screen can act as the flash.
|Oppo Neo 7 screen flash.|
The Oppo Neo 7 comes with 16GB of built-in storage space and supports microSD cards. However, its RAM is merely 1GB. Opening a lot of apps might take a hit on performance.
Out of the box, the phone runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Oppo’s custom Color OS 2.1 skin.
It will be available in different Oppo stores throughout the country.
- 5.0-Inch qHD Capacitive Display (540 x 960 Pixels, 220 ppi)
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Color OS 2.1
- MediaTek MT6582 Chipset
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7 CPU
- Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 32GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano)
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 142.7 x 71.7 x 7.55 mm @ 141 g
- 2,420mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)
- ₱8,990.00 Official Price in the Philippines