The original Cherry Mobile Flare X is a very powerful smartphone with 3GB of RAM for merely ₱6,999. Now, a cheaper version has been revealed with an official price of ₱5,999.00.
What’s different is the amount of RAM at 2GB instead of the former’s 3GB. It might affect the phone’s performance but only if the user runs too many apps simultaneously.
It’s interesting to note that the list of specs in Cherry Mobile’s new flyer shows a 1.3GHz octa core processor.
The original Flare X used the 1.7GHz MediaTek MT6752 processor. We’ll conform if this is indeed to be replaced by the slightly slower but Lollipop compatible MT6753 chip.
It also has a slightly lower resolution at HD 720p instead of the former’s full HD 1080p.
- 5.5-inch HD IPS Display (720 x 1280 Pixels)
- Android 4.4 Kitkat OS (with Lollipop Update)
- 1.3GHz Octa Core Processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with Sony Sensor and LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 64GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM/Dual Standby
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE an GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- Micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 3,000mAh Battery
- ₱5,999.00 Official Price