Starmobile partners with Smart to offer a new affordable smartphone with accompanying free data allocation – the Starmobile Play Neo.
Each unit comes with a free Smart SIM that provides 700MB of mobile internet access each month. To claim this, the user needs to top up or reach ₱150 of reloads every month though.
The Starmobile Play Neo has a 5-inch display and quad core processor. However, the first one is not HD and the latter is a merely Spreadtrum chip.
At the back is a 5MP camera with autofocus and a Backside Illuminated (BSI) sensor while a 2MP front camera resides above the screen.
Of course, the Starmobile Play Neo is a dual SIM smartphone and has 3G connectivity. There’s also 8GB of built-in storage and a 2000mAh battery.
Its official price is ₱2,999.00 only. However, the similarly priced Cherry Mobile Touch HD offers an HD display, Android Lollipop, better camera and more RAM.
- 5.0-Inch Capacitive Display (480 x 854 Pixels, 196 ppi)
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS
- Spreadtrum 7731G Chipset
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7 CPU
- Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- 512MB of RAM
- 5.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 32GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro)
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 3-Axis Accelerometer
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 146 x 72 x 9.4 mm @ 160 g
- 2000mAh Li-ion Battery (Removable)
- ₱2,999.00 Official Price
- Free Smart SIM with 700MB Monthly Data