It’s slightly smaller than last year’s Nexus 6 by Motorola but has an all metal body, improved cameras, better performance and of course, Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Nexus 6P has a 5.7-inch Quad HD AMOLED display resulting in a pixel density of 518 pixels per inch! This is covered with a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
It has two front facing stereo loudspeakers that gamers and those who love watching movies will surely appreciate.
At the back is a big black camera module at the top with a slight hump and a finger print sensor called Nexus Imprint directly below it.
|Google isn’t afraid of showing off this camera hump.|
In terms of performance, the Nexus 6P rocks a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset. Four of its CPU cores can run up to 2.0GHz while the rest maxes out at 1.55GHz.
Graphics is handled by Adreno 430 while multi-tasking is made fluid by 3GB of RAM. The software contributes a lot to its performance though.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow comes with built-in support for finger print sensors, Doze Mode for power saving, permissions control, Google Now On Tap and a generally smoother user interface.
The Nexus 6P has a 12.3 Megapixel camera at the back with an image sensor from Sony giving that huge black hump. Google boasts 1.55µm pixel size and laser autofocus and promises superb low light performance from this camera.
It also supports video recording at 2K resolution, slow-motion video capture and has a two-tone LED flash. Meanwhile, an 8 Megapixel front camera takes care of selfies and video calling.
It’s a single SIM smartphone with 4G LTE Cat. 6 connectivity, NFC, dual band Wi-Fi and a low power Sensor Hub for power saving notifications.
|Google wants you to adapt USB Type-C.|
Storage options start at 32GB for $499 or a little over ₱23,000 while the 64GB model costs $549 and the 128GB one for $649.
There is no microSD card slot but it uses a USB Type-C port for faster data transfer and charging of its 3,450mAh Lithium-Polymer battery.
It will be available here in the Philippines soon.
Huawei Nexus 6P Specifications
- 5.7-Inch QHD AMOLED Display (1440 x 2560 Pixels, 518 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Chipset
- 2.0GHz Quad Core Cortex-A57 and 1.55GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Qualcomm Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 12.3 Megapixel Main Camera with 1.55µm Pixel Size, Laser Autofocus and Two-Tone LED Flash
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 128GB, 64GB of 32GB Internal Storage
- Single SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE Cat. 6, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Stereo Front Facing Loudspeakers
- Nexus Imprint Finger Print Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 159.3 x 77.8 x 7.3 mm @ 178 g
- 3,450mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)