Sony unveiled the Xperia M5 and classified it as ‘Super Midrange’ with features in between mid-range and flagship devices.
For a start, it has a 21.5MP at the back and 13MP camera on the front. Both are autofocus with the former equipped with Hybrid Autofocus and able to capture 2k videos.
The Sony Xperia M5 flaunts a 5-inch screen at full HD resolution. As usual, it follows the company’s signature Omnibalance and certified water resistant design.
It runs on the octa core Helio X10 processor from MediaTek aided by 3GB of RAM. It boots to Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sony’s icons and pre-loaded apps.
There’s 16GB of storage which is expandable up to 200GB using a microSD card. USB OTG is supported too.
|There are three color options – gold, black and white.|
The Sony Xperia M5 supports 4G LTE networks, NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. Its microUSB port and CTIA compliant audio jack don’t have flaps but still preserves its water resistance.
A 2,600mAh battery powers the device and Sony said it can last up to eight (8) hours of continuous video playback.
It will be available by mid-August but it’s not clear if it will reach the Philippines. We’ll let you know when it does.
- 5.0-Inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 441 ppi)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
- MediaTek Helio X10 Chipset
- 2.0GHz Octa Core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPU
- PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 21.5 Megapixel Main Camera with Exmor RS Sensor, Hybrid Autofocus and LED Flash
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Front Camera with Exmor RS Sensor
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 200GB via MicroSD
- Single/Dual SIM
- 4G LTE Cat. 4, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.1
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- USB On the Go (OTG)
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack (CTIA)
- IP68 Certified Water Resistant
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 145 x 72 x 7.6 mm @ 142.6 g
- 2,600mAh Battery
Show Comments 💬