Along with the Galaxy Note5, Samsung also unveiled the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus during its Unpacked 2015 event in New York.
It’s a bigger version of the Galaxy S6 Edge with the same curved screen on both sides. It flaunts a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display compared to the latter’s 5.1-inch screen.
Just like the S6, S6 Edge and Note5, Samsung has adopted the new metal and glass design for the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Hence, it has a more premium look and feel than previous smartphones from the company.
Under the hood, an Exynos 7420 runs the show with four high performance CPU cores running at 2.1GHz and another four power saving CPU cores clocked at 1.5GHz. This is aided by 4GB of RAM and a lighter TouchWiz UI on top of Android Lollipop.
|Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus in gold.|
Photography is taken care by a 16MP camera with f/1.9 aperture for great photos even in low light and optical image stabilization that reduces video shakiness. Livestreaming to YouTube is supported at 1080p resolution.
Connectivity includes dual band Wi-Fi, 4G LTE and 3G networks, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC and GPS with GLONASS. It also has a finger print sensor, heart rate monitor, USB OTG support, fast charging and fast wireless charging.
|The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is also available in these colors.|
Its main disadvantages are the same as that of the Note5 – lack of microSD card slot and non-removable battery. You can only choose the 32GB or 64GB variant.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus will be available here in the Philippines starting on September 5, 2015. Pre-order is available from August17-30 while the official price is ₱39,990 for 32GB and ₱44,990 for 64GB variant.
- 5.7-Inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Display (1440 x 2560 Pixels, 518 ppi)
- Dual Curve Edge Display
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz
- Samsung Exynos 7420 Chipset
- 2.1GHz plus 1.5GHz Quad Core 64-bit CPUs
- Mali-T760 MP8 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 16.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with f/1.9 Aperture, OIS and LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera with f/1.9 Aperture
- 32GB/64GB Internal Storage
- No MicroSD Card Slot
- Single SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.2 with A2DP
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Finger Print Sensor
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 154.4 x 75.8 x 6.9 mm @ 153 g
- 3000mAh Battery (Non-removable)
- Fast Charging
- Fast Wireless Charging
- ₱39,990.00 (32GB) and ₱44,990 (64GB) Official Prices in the Philippines
Show Comments 💬