During its ZenFestival event in New Delhi, ASUS announced several new products including the ZenFone Max that boasts an ‘incredibly-long-lasting’ 5,000mAh battery.
This should solve battery woes and make it last more than a day of heavy usage. It can even function as a power bank to charge other devices connected to it through its microUSB port.
The ASUS ZenFone Max has a 5-inch HD display protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 4. Above that is a 5MP front camera while at the back is a 13MP unit with laser autofocus.
It runs on a Snapdragon 410 chipset composed of four 1.2GHz CPU cores and Adreno 306 graphics renderer. There’s also 2GB of RAM and Android Lollipop as the OS with the new ZenUI 2.0 on top.
Connectivity includes 4G and 3G networks; Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. It will be available by October of this year but pricing details are withheld.
- 5.0-Inch HD IPS Display (720 x 1280 Pixel, 294 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS with ZenUI 2.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 Chipset
- 1.2GHz Quad Core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Main Camera with Laser Autofocus and LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 5,000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Power Bank Function