The third iteration of Motorola’s entry level smartphone produced a water resistant Moto G with two versions depending on the amount of RAM and internal storage.
One comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage space while another has 1GB of RAM and 8GB storage. Both flaunt a scratch resistant 5-inch HD display that together with its 2,470mAh battery, results in a longer battery life.
The new Moto G runs on Qualcomm’s quad core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 as the graphics renderer. As expected, it comes with the latest version of Android – that’s v.5.1.1 Lollipop.
It has a 13MP camera at the back with dual LED flash and a 5MP snapper on the front but with no flash. You can use the phone’s display as a soft flash though.
|You can spill your drink on the new Moto G without worries.|
For connectivity, the Moto G (3rd Gen.) has two SIM card slots and can connect to 4G LTE networks. There’s also Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and GLONASS.
Pricing starts at $179.99 or around ₱8,100 only. US customers can customize the Moto G using the Moto Maker while others can buy pre-made shells in several color options.
- 5.0-Inch HD Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 249 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS
- Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 Chipset
- 1.4GHz Quad Core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 1GB or 2GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with Dual LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 8GB or 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 32GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 142.1 x 72.4 x 11.6mm @ 155 g
- 2,470mAh Battery