Along with the 2015 flagship Moto X Style, Motorola also launched the Moto X Play which focuses on battery life with its 3,630mAh battery claimed to last two days!
Just like the Moto X Style, it also features a 21MP camera. However, it has a smaller 5.5-inch screen, slower Snapdragon 615 processor and only 2GB of RAM.
Despite the reduced specs, the Motorola Moto X Play is still a great device considering its $299 price tag in the United States. That’s a little less than ₱14,000 here in the Philippines.
For that price, it also offers a scratch resistant screen, water resistant body and the same customization options as the Style.
It comes with either 16GB or 32GB of storage space with the option to use up to 128GB microSD cards for additional storage.
|The Motorola Moto X Play also comes in a bamboo back cover.|
The Moto X Play has dual SIM capabilities and can connect to 4G LTE networks. It also supports NFC, dual band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
Its huge battery can be topped up in a short time using a bundled fast charger.
A Motorola representative estimated that this smartphone will become available here in the Philippines during the fourth quarter of this year.
- 5.5-Inch Full HD Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 403 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 Chipset
- 1.7GHz and 1.0GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB or 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS
- USB On the Go (OTG)
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 148 x 75 x 10.9 mm @ 169 g
- 3,630mAh Battery (Non-removable)
Show Comments 💬