When Meizu launched the Meizu M2 Note, I wondered where the plain M2 is. Thus, it came as a no surprise when the company launched it in its homeland China.
Rightfully so, it’s a smaller smartphone with a 5-inch HD screen and runs on a quad core processor from MediaTek. This makes it cheaper with an official SRP equivalent to just a little more than ₱5,000.
The Meizu M2 follows the usual smartphone design of the company with bright colors and a polycarbonate unibody form. Although not that slim, it only weighs 131 g.
It comes with the Flyme 4.5 skin on top of Android 5.1 Lollipop with 2GB of RAM and a Mali T720 graphics processor making games and multi-tasking smoother.
It’s a dual SIM smartphone that can connect to 4G LTE networks using both SIM card slots. Dual band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 are supported too.
|Side view of the Meizu M2.|
For photography, the Meizu M2 has a 13MP camera at the back which is protected by Gorilla Glass 3 from scratches and a 5MP snapper on the front with a wider f/2.0 aperture for better selfies.
There’s 16GB of on-board storage that can be augmented up to 128GB using a microSD card. However, this will take up the space of one of the SIM card slots.
For now, it’s not clear when and by how much this will be officially sold here in the Philippines.
Meizu M2 Specs
- 5.0-Inch HD IPS Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 294 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Asahi DragonTrail Glass
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Flyme 4.5 UI
- MediaTek MT6735 Chipset
- 1.3 GHz Quad Core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPU
- Mali T720 GPU
- 2 GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 5.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16 GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128 GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- USB On the Go (OTG)
- MicroUSB 2.0
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack
- IR Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 140.1 x 68.9 x 8.7 mm @ 131 g
- 2,500 mAh Battery (Non-removable)
- Gray, White, Blue & Pink Color Options
Show Comments 💬