After weeks of rumors and leaked photographs, Oppo has finally unveiled the Oppo R7 and a larger Oppo R7 Plus during an event in Beijing, China.
The first one sports a 5-inch AMOLED screen with subtle curves on its sides, an octa core Snapdragon 615 processor, 3GB of RAM, 4G LTE connectivity and Android 5.1 Lollipop as the OS out of the box.
There’s a scratch resistant layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the Oppo R7’s front while the rest is covered by aircraft-grade magnesium aluminum alloy.
There’s an 8MP snapper together with a couple of sensors on the front and a 13MP camera at the back. Selfies are optimized based on gender, age and other factors.
It comes with 16GB of device storage and its second SIM slot doubles as a microSD card slot capable of reading up to 128GB memory cards.
|The Oppo R7 supports VOOC Fast Charging technology.|
The Oppo R7 runs on a new version of the company’s customized operating system, the Color OS 2.1. It boasts faster boot speed and app launches.
A 2,320mAh Lithium Polymer battery powers the Oppo R7. This can be re-charged from 0 to 75% in just 30 minutes!
Pricing is always a sensitive topic for Oppo smartphones as they tend to be pricey. The Oppo R7 costs 2,599 Chinese Yuan in its home country. That converts to a little less than ₱18,000 based on current forex rates.
Source: Oppo Official Website
- 5.0-Inch Full HD AMOLED Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 445 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with 2.5D Arc
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Color OS 2.1
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 Chipset
- 1.5GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 and 1.0GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- USB OTG Support
- Micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 143 x 71 x 6.3 mm @ 147 g
- 2,320mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-removable)
- Quick Charge 2.0
- ₱18,000.00 Converted Price (forex)