Sony has quietly unveiled the Xperia Z4 in Japan. It’s slightly thinner and lighter than the Xperia Z3 with several upgraded specs while sporting the same Sony’s square-ish design.
The Sony Xperia Z4 now runs on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 octa core processor with 3GB of RAM. It’s screen is a 5.2-inch full HD Triluminos panel improved by the X-Reality Engine.
Just like its predecessors, the Sony Xperia Z4 is IP68 certified for dust and water resistance. It has a glass back panel, shatter proof front glass panel and metallic sides.
Sony kept the 20.7MP camera at the back of the Z4 while the front camera has been amped up to wide angle 5.1MP snapper with digital video stabilization.
The base model comes with 32GB of device storage. Its second SIM slot also doubles as a microSD slot for up to 128GB memory cards.
The Sony Xperia Z4 has 4G LTE connectivity, NFC, MHL, dual band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1 and USB OTG support.
There’s a 2,930mAh Li-ion battery which supports fast charging via Quick Charge 2.0 standard. It’s available in white, black, copper and aqua green.
However, the Sony Xperia Z4 will only be officially available in Japan. The rest of the world will get a new flagship smartphone from Sony in the coming months.
- 5.2-Inch IPS Full HD Triluminos Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 424 ppi)
- Shatter Proof Glass
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Chipset
- Quad Core Cortex-A53 and Quad Core Cortex-A57 CPU
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 20.7 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with Sony Sensor and LED Flash
- 5.1 Megapixel Front Camera with Sony Sensor
- 32GB or 64GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM/Dual Standby
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Dual Band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- MHL Video Out
- NFC Support
- Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- USB OTG Support
- Micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Stereo Speakers
- IP68 Certified
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 2,930mAh Li-ion Battery
- Quick Charge 2.0
- 146 x 72 x 6.9 mm @ 144 g
Show Comments 💬