While the May 10 launch date of the Zenfone 2 nears, Asus has announced the official Philippines price of the Zenfone C to be ₱4,595.00.
The Asus Zenfone C replaces the Zenfone 4 as the company’s cheapest smartphone. It has almost the same features as the latter but with a larger display, battery and a camera with LED flash.
Just like most smartphones from Asus, the Zenfone C also runs on an Intel Atom processor with HyperThreading technology which makes its dual core processor perform like a quad core one. A customized version of Android called Zen UI is also present.
The Zenfone 4’s 5MP rear camera was one of its main weaknesses since it doesn’t come with a flash. The Zenfone C fixes that and adds Electronic Image Stabilization into the mix. It also comes with 1GB of RAM, 8GB device storage and USB OTG support out of the box!
For ₱4,595, the Zenfone C faces tough competition from local as well as Chinese brands. Nevertheless, Asus promises great after sales support – something that they’ve already proven.
- 4.5-Inch Capacitive Display (480 x 854 Pixels, ppi)
- Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OS with Asus Zen UI
- Intel Atom Z2520 Chipset
- 1.2GHz Dual Core CPU with HyperThreading
- PowerVR SGX544 MP2 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 5.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with EIS and LED Flash
- VGA Front Camera
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 64GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM/Dual Standby
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EGDE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 2,100mAh Battery
- ₱4,595.00 Official Price in the Philippines