Xiaomi has introduced a cheaper version of its Redmi smartphone – the Xiaomi Redmi 2A. Yet, it has a quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz from Leadcore Technology.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2A retains the 4.7-inch HD display of the Redmi series as well as a pair of 8MP and 2MP cameras. Its price tag is considerably cheaper at $96 which is around ₱4,300.00 based on current forex rates.
Despite the good processor, some Mi fans are disappointed with the 1GB RAM. Nevertheless, the Xiaomi Redmi 2A already has 4G LTE connectivity so asking for more RAM is a bit too much for its price.
It also comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box with the company’s MIUI customization on top. There’s 8GB of on-board storage and a 2,200mAh battery to power the device.
The Xiaomi Redmi 2A will be available in China starting on April 8 2015. However, it’s not yet clear when it will make its way to the Philippines or other countries.
- 4.7-Inch HD IPS Display (720 x 1280 Pixel, 312 ppi)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS with MIUI 6
- Leadcore LC1860C Chipset
- 1.5GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- Mali-T628 MP2 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Dual SIM/Dual Standby
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- Micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 2,200mAh Battery
- $96 Official Price in China
- ₱4,300.00 Converted Price in Philippine Pesos
Show Comments 💬