Blackberry announced the Blackberry Leap during its press conference at the Mobile World Congress 2015. It’s the company’s offering for budget conscious fans who likes a touchscreen smartphone.
In the official hands on video below, Blackberry showcases the Leap’s software features such as the Blackberry Hub and Blend. It’s just under a minute long so go hit that play button!
The Blackberry Leap is a 5-inch device running on Blackberry 10.3.1 OS with a 1.5GHz quad core Snapdragon S4 processor from Qualcomm and 2GB of RAM.
It has an 8MP camera at the back and a 2MP snapper at the front. You can then share those picture and videos while connected to a 4G LTE network.
There’s 16GB of on-board storage and a micro SD card slot for up to 128GB memory cards. A 2,800mAh battery powers the device.
- 5.0-Inch HD Display (720 x 1280 Pixels, 294 ppi)
- Blackberry 10.3.1 OS
- Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Plus Chipset
- 1.5GHz Dual Core Krait CPU
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 8.0 Megapixels Autofocus Main Camera with LED Flash
- 2.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- Micro USB 2.0
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 144 x 72.8 x 9.5 mm @ 170 g
- 2,800mAh Li-ion Battery
- $275 Official Price (~₱12,200)