Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun unveiled the Mi Note during a launching event in Beijing, China. It’s a 5.7-inch phablet with curved edge Gorilla Glass 3 both at the back and front.
The Mi Note runs on a 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor with 3GB of RAM, dual 4G connectivity and MIUI 6 as the OS, the company’s customized version of Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Xiaomi emphasized that the Mi Note is directly competing with Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus and boasts that it doesn’t have the ugly camera bump at the back. Instead, the 2.5D and ‘3D’ glass layers and metal frame gives it a sleek form.
The Mi Note’s display is made by Sharp/JDI and has a full HD resolution while its 13MP rear camera uses a CMOS image sensor from Sony and has optical image stabilization.
A particularly interesting feature of the Mi Note is its 4MP front camera which uses the ‘UltraPixel’ technology found in HTC One and Starmobile Up Snap.
The Xiaomi Mi Note comes with either 16 or 64 GB of onboard storage but lacks a microSD card slot for storage expansion. The first one costs around ₱16,500 while the latter is around ₱20,100.
A 3,000 mAh Li-ion battery powers the device and employs the Quick Charge 2.0 technology allowing you to reach 60% battery capacity in just 30 minutes.
It’s not yet clear when the Mi Note will reach the Philippines. Even so, it’s difficult not to get excited over this phablet.
- 5.7-Inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 386 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Curved Edge Corning Gorilla Glass 3 (Front and Back)
- Android 4.4 Kitkat OS with MIUI 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Chipset
- 2.5 GHz Quad Core Krait 400 CPU
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 13.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with OIS and Two Tone LED Flash
- 4.0 Megapixel Front Camera with ‘UltraPixel’ Technology
- 16/64 GB Internal Storage
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS and Beidou
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 155.1 x 77.6 x 7 mm @ 161 g
- 3,000mAh Li-ion Battery
- ¥2299 (~₱16,500.00) Official Price for 16GB Version
- ¥2799 (~₱20,100.00) Official Price for 64GB Version
Show Comments 💬