Here’s another octa core smartphone from the Singaporean company BlackView that recently entered the Philippine tech scene – the BlackView Omega.
It’s a 5-inch smartphone powered by a 1.7GHz octa core processor from MediaTek and 2GB of RAM. It also boasts its HotKnot proximity pairing technology which works like NFC but using the sensors already present in the device.
The BlackView Omega uses an LTPS screen with a full HD resolution or 1080 x 1920 Pixels. This is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 3 against scratches.
It also employs a CMOS image sensor from Sony for its 18MP rear camera which has Electronic Image Stabilization and a sensor size of 1/3.06 inches. An 8MP front facing camera is also present.
BlackView Omega comes with dual SIM functionality it is limited to 3G networks only – no 4G LTE. You’ll also have to decide whether you’ll use the SIM 2 slot for a SIM card or a microSD card.
The phone also supports gesture controls and USB OTG for connecting USB devices. What’s troubling is the 2,100 mAh battery which isn’t removable.
BlackView Philippines is yet to announce the official availability of the Omega but it is currently priced at $209 or roughly around ₱9,300. Expect this to sell for ₱12,000 though.
- 5.0-Inch Full HD LTPS Display with OGS (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 441 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4 Kitkat OS
- MediaTek MT6592W Chipset
- 1.7GHz Octa Core Cortex-A7 CPU
- Mali-450 MP4 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 18.0 Megapixel Autofocus Main Camera with Sony IMX135 Sensor, EIS and LED Flash
- 8.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 16GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 64GB via MicroSD
- Dual SIM (Regular + Micro)
- 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Hotspot
- HotKnot Support
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG Support
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Gesture Controls
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 2,100 mAh Battery
- $209 (~₱9,300) Price (Not Official)
Show Comments 💬